With the enormous growth of Seattle in the past few years, new businesses and residents are flooding the city. However, gathering spaces that focus on community building and artistic design are closing at an alarming rate. With the intent to stop this trend, Foundry10 is working in partnership with Nii Modo, a new art venue focused on highlighting underrepresented artists, to hold space for youth from in and around Seattle to present new creative works.
If you are between age 13-19 (or if you can think of anyone who that might describe) and you have a visual, interactive, or performing art that you would like to share, Everyday Unseen is for you.
We hope that Everyday Unseen will model how a community art space, which focuses on youth, could look. In doing so, we invite all members of the community to come support these upcoming local artists.Purchase Tickets
- Gallery: Includes but is not limited to graphic design, photography/videography, painting, fashion design, sculpture, installations, illustration, etc.
- Performing Arts: Include but not limited to dance, spoken word, audio, musicians, singing, etc.
TIMELINE AND INFO FOR ARTISTS:
- March 16: Priority applications due for student artists
- Submit application here
- April 2: Final deadline for all applications from student artists
- April 9: Physical artwork due from students to the gallery space
- April 27: Opening night party
- Gallery open from 6-9 pm with performances beginning at 7 pm
- There is a $5 suggested donation in support of the Summer Art Opportunity Program
- There will be pins and prints as well as original pieces for sale
- Artists will choose whether or not they to sell their art in addition to it being displayed
- April 28-May 18: Art is on display until May 18 in the gallery space
Additional Info and Directions
Each artist will be paid a flat royalty fee of $50 for participating and displaying/performing their art.Nii Modo is accessible by wheelchair, but does not have an accessible restroom in the building. We are working with local businesses to secure an accessible restroom. If you have other access needs or questions regarding accessible restrooms, please email Anna at email@example.com and we will work with you to make the event as accessible as possible.
If you would like help with transportation costs or supplies, or have any general questions regarding the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t have art to display/perform? That’s OK! We’d still love to see you. Click here to let us know you’re coming (or click the Facebook link/logo above).
Special thanks for the poster design by Minh Nguyen.Purchase Tickets
Nii Modo is located at 4453 Stone Way N, Seattle, WA 98103.
It is on the South-East corner of Stone Way N. and N. Allen Pl.
The building is 1 block south of 45th St. between Aurora Ave. N. and I-5 in Wallingford.
Get customized directions by clicking the “View larger map” button on the top left of the map.